Ankr, one of the world’s leading Web3 infrastructure providers, officially announces the launch of App Chains-as-a-Service, a suite of plug-and-play tools that enable dApp developers to build custom blockchains uniquely suited to their application. The App Chains combine the best of security, throughput, and customizability.
With the new offering, Ankr aims to make extremely scalable blockchains for enterprise-level throughput to facilitate the continued development and success of Web3 dApps. The App Chains provide Web3 startups, existing Web3 dApps, and Web2 projects coming to Web3 all the tools they need to build a custom blockchain for their dApp.
“It’s clear to us that App Chains is going to be one of the dominant industry solutions to scalability. So we packaged all of Ankr’s best products together to help companies make them, fast, simple, and secured by Ankr’s industry leading technology,” said Greg Gopman, the Chief Marketing Officer at Ankr.
Enabling developers to build their own blockchains on Sidechain frameworks like Polygon Edge, Avalanche Subnets, and the BNB Chain’s BAS will help solve two of the biggest challenges holding back the Web3 adoption – slow transaction speed and high gas fees. With a custom blockchain for each dApp, there is no competition for storage or computation, and scalability is allowed to thrive.
Developers will have the freedom to choose the programming languages, consensus mechanisms, and development frameworks they want to use while still inheriting the security and provenance of the main chain.
Ankr provides the end-to-end engineering solutions and support for the following App Chain building blocks:
- Validator binary + config file (.toml): Get custom validator networks up and running for your App Chain
- Load-balanced RPC endpoint: Run globally decentralized and distributed node networks for best in class speed and reliability
- White-labeled block explorer: Integrate your App Chain with Ankr’s block explorer to transparently display data for your blockchain to users
- Faucet for testnet tokens: Create customizable testnet faucet solutions to give your dApp the resources needed for testing before going live on the mainnet
- Direct staking support through a UI: With access to Ankr Staking, your token holders can easily stake to validators through a customizable staking and liquid staking dashboards
- Ankr’s “Exchange Readiness” program: Get your token ready for listing on major exchanges with Ankr as your guide through the technical due diligence process and infrastructure requirements needed to be considered by major players
The App Chains give developers much more flexibility than building dApps on top of existing blockchains using smart contracts. Moreover, App Chains are capable of processing more transactions at a lower cost than doing so with smart contracts on a Layer-1 blockchain that compete for limited resources.
Ankr is building the future of decentralized infrastructure, servicing over 50 proof-of-stake chains with an industry-leading global node delivery system and developer toolkit. Ankr serves over two trillion transactions a year across Web3 and is the RPC partner of choice for 17 blockchains, making it the dominant leader in RPC.